Monday, October 6, 2008

Recipe of the week: Pumpkin Pancakes

I got this recipe from my friend Charlotte. I've had sweet potato pancakes before, which were very moist and yummy, but I've never tried pumpkin pancakes. I always trust Charlotte's judgement of food (with the exception of seafood, you know I just don't like it!), so I put great faith in her claim of the tastiness of these pancakes.

Pumpkin Pancakes
2 1/3 c. pancake mix
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon each, cinnamon, nutmeg & ginger
1 1/4 c. milk
1/4 c. oil
2 eggs
1/2 c. pumpkin puree

"Mix ingredients and griddle! It makes a lot of pancakes, so I just make them all, put them in a container separated by wax paper and pop them in the toaster the next day! They also freeze really well and then can be heated up in the toaster as well.

They're great with a little poached pear or pear puree on top as a syrup alternative. Applesauce might also be good, but never tried it!"

I can't wait to try them! Thanks Charlotte!

No comments: