Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tasty lunch

I decide every few weeks to make a menu of meals for myself for the upcoming week. I'd like to say I do it every week, but it's not true. Life gets a little crazy and the next thing I know I'm heading for the building cafeteria for lunch every day. So, this week, I had the forethought of planning my meals. While I was making the dinner I had planned for last night, I also made my lunch for today. And I just want to say, it was deeeelicious! So delicious, in fact, that I had to share it.

My lunch for today was a tuna salad wrap. Not just any tuna salad wrap, or it would not be worthy of a whole blog entry. I added chopped red onions, cumin ('Nessa - you'll love this) and celery salt to the mayo, mustard, tuna mix. In addition, I layered carrot matchsticks (for some crunchy texture) and shavings of this cheddar cheese I got from the grocery store last weekend (it has dill, garlic and pepper in it!). Wrap it up and YUMMMMM!!!! I rounded out the meal by eating some vegetable chips with it.

You may be thinking to yourself, "man she is crazy! this does not sound that exciting". And perhaps it's not. But, I've been playing around with food lately and sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not (last night, for instance, my green bean, mango, onion, red wine vinegar mixture was not particularly great). And when it is good, I'm super excited!

1 comment:

Nessa said...

Somehow I didn't come across this one until tonight! I do love the cumin, well done you! I stopped by to steal some of your recipes, since I'm really trying to cook more often.