Thursday, March 5, 2009

Recipe of the week: Not for sissies eggs

I love breakfast! Eggs are one of my top 5 foods in the world. So here is one of my favorite breakfast dishes that is a real treat in the morning (or afternoon or dinner for that matter).

Not for sissies eggs

Heat up store bought french fries in the oven as directed.
Prepare 2-3 sausage (or soy sausage if you prefer) links as directed. Chop into small pieces.

Add the cooked fries and sausage, chopped onions, and ripped up pieces of half a bagel into a bowl with 2 beaten eggs. Pour into a heated skillet and sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese. Cook as you normally would scrambled eggs.

Add ground pepper, if desired.




Depending on my apetite in the morning, as well as what I have planned in the afternoon, I may have a small glass o' smoothie with it. Here is my favorite concoction (not too orginal, but tasty).

1 small container fat free vanilla yogurt
1/2 banana, sliced
2-3 strawberries, sliced (sometimes I use a few berries from a frozen berry mix instead)
1/4 cup orange juice

Blend and enjoy!



No comments: