Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Recipe of the Week: Pasta Carbonara

Whenever I get bacon, I feel a need to eat it immediately. Because I am only one person, I have to make sure not to let the open package go bad. That would be tragic! Of course, there are breakfast foods and BLTs to eat, but I thought it would be interesting to try something new. Hence, here is my attempt at Pasta Carbonara. I found this recipe by doing a simple google search.

Pasta Carbonara
1/4 lb. bacon
1 stick (1/4 lb.) butter
1 cup milk
2 tbsp. wine vinegar
1 lb. pasta - I used whole wheat angel hair pasta, my go to pasta
2 eggs, whipped
1/2 cup fresh Parmesan

Cut bacon into little pieces and cook in butter.

In a saucepan heat milk, and add the bacon and butter, add the vinegar, which will turn the milk to cheese.

Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the sauce cooks smooth. I added frozen peas to the sauce.

Cook the pasta. Drain and return to pan. Immediately throw in the eggs, the bacon sauce and cheese. Toss and serve.

Add salt and pepper to taste.

Pasta Carbonara contains many of my favorite foods in one dish! Bacon, pasta, eggs... It did feel a little weird to put eggs in the pasta, but I got over it. It was pretty good. Not great, but decent. It was a little dry. I'm willing to try another recipe for Pasta Carbonara in the future.

Sorry, no picture. :(

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Love pasta carbonara. Yours sounds delicious