Sunday, May 17, 2009

Recipe of the Week: Couscous and Sausage

I've been on a Couscous kick lately. I'm not sure why, but I've just had the desire to eat it. One Friday evening I decided to buy a box of garlic flavored couscous on the way home from work. I needed a dish for my zen center potluck the next day and decided to take my leftovers, minus the Italian Sausage I made with it. Here is what I came up with.

Couscous with Sausage
1/2 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
1/2 Green Bell Pepper, Chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 Egg
Italian Sausage (1 per serving)

Cook the couscous according to package directions (usually only takes 5 minutes or so)

Scramble the egg and add to couscous.

In a separate pan, cook the sausage and saute the peppers and onion. Mix the peppers and onions into the couscous. Cut the sausage into small pieces and lay on top.

The Italian Sausage and peppers add a spiciness that offsets the flavor of the couscous. I found it to be very tasty. The peppers also add a little color to the dish This can easily be made vegetarian by omitting the sausage.



No comments: