Monday, June 1, 2009

Recipe of the Week: Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce

I love peanut butter! I am declaring this first and foremost. I also very much enjoy a good Asian dish with a (non-spicy) peanut sauce. It's so tasty and filling! So, of course I decided, after having a delicious dish with a peanut sauce at a Tibetan restaurant, to try to make the sauce at home. Here's what I did.

Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce
Combine several tbsps of peanut butter, a couple tbsps of peanut oil and a dash or two of soy sauce in a pot. Cook on medium heat until it becomes a sauce-like consistency.

I cooked some broccoli, and edamame. Then mixed in some raw carrots, red cabbage and bean sprouts. Add any vegetables you wish.

Mix the sauce into the veggies. I topped the dish with Gomashio, as I do.





This dish was seriously filling. The food in the bowl (about 1 cup) pictured above was all I could eat. If I could have, I would have kept eating. I didn't even eat any rice with it. But I was so full after the one bowl. Hooray!

No comments: