Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Recipe of the week: Hot! Cereal

I actually got this idea from a recipe I found online, in which you add sweet potato baby food to pancake mix. The pancakes didn't turn out that well, but this dish did. It helps to spruce up my breakfasts because the plain hot cereal just gets a bit mundane.

Hot! Cereal
1 cup prepared hot cereal of your choice
1 small jar sweet potato baby food
1/3 cup brown sugar
A couple of tablespoons of Cinnamon
A few teaspoons of allspice

Mix all together (make sure cereal is hot, so that the brown sugar melts) and enjoy!

I made this Sunday morning and ate it with some scrambled eggs.


I had leftovers for this week. I heated it up and added some seeds, nuts and raisins to help fill me up a bit.

Back to the crappy camera phone pics. Sorry!

No comments: